1. Wow, what a day it has been. Thursdays are definitely one of our busiest days; I run errands alone (my mom comes over and watches the girls), I help out in Sophia’s classroom, and we have Sophia dance class. As I always say I love the craziness, but boy am I exhausted.
2. I love going to gymnastics class with Isabella. She is absolutely adorable.
3. We have our family pictures on Tuesday and choosing coordinating outfits for 6 is not easy. I spent the majority of my errands today trying to find outfits for everyone and I am still lost.
4. Sophia, Isabella, McKayla, and McKenzie are spending the night at Mimi and Papa’s tomorrow night. I can’t wait for our date night. I am so excited to spend some time with my hubby. I can’t wait to tell you all about it!!
5. We made our first batch of pumpkin cupcakes. Delicious. Our second batch will be made tomorrow.
As always, thank you Amanda.
In the Comments Below:
- Now, it’s your turn to think out loud.
Ever since becoming a mom, just over 6 years ago, I have truly learned you have to figure out what works for you. The same thing does not work for everyone and we should never try to be someone we are not. We should not try to live our lives exactly like someone else; we are all different.
As, I told you yesterday I was overwhelmed on Sunday and simply didn’t have a great day. My biggest source of stress was coming from my disaster of a house; toys everywhere, dished in the sink, huge piles of laundry, etc.. With four little ones it isn’t easy keeping the house together, especially when all I want to do is be with my family. But, in the end I still want a clean and tidy house. I have come to realization that at this point in our lives we are not going to have a perfect house (it’s just not going to happen with four little ones), but I do want a reasonably clean house. Anyway, I realized that I do best when I start my day with a house that is put together. So, Sunday night after the girls went to bed I cleaned. I decided that I am going to do this each night. I am going to dedicate 30 minutes to getting my house in order before I call it a day. This has been making a huge difference in how I feel lately. I know it’s a small change, but to me it’s a big one. Yes, there are definitely days where I don’t feel like taking the time to get my house put back together, but I know once I get it done I feel great. Now that I have been doing this for the past few nights it’s already becoming a habit so in no time I won’t know any difference.
Today I want you to remember that you need to find what works for you. Don’t try to please anyone else. Do what is best for you and your family; everything else will fall into place. You are amazing just the way you are!!
Here we are once again at Monday. I know I say this all the time, but boy oh boy does time go by way too fast. That means it’s time for another Marvelous in My Monday.
spending time with our big girls getting manicures and pedicures. Having daughters is amazing. I love having our girl time together. We went with my sister and mom to a nail salon that has hello kitty chairs for young girls.
our girls having the best sleepover (Sophia and Isabella sleep in Sophia’s bed) yet!! They played with barbies for a little bit then ended the night reading together. Sophia read a few books to Isabella and then they fell asleep. Couldn’t have been a better night.
having fun with our cousins at Gram and Grandpa’s (Steve’s mom and step-dad) house: they make coming over a breeze. Gram always has everything we need for all our girls; chairs, food, etc. I couldn’t ask for better in-laws! We had so much fun celebrating my sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s birthdays. We all have so much fun spending time with family. Family is what’s important
Not So Marvelous is…
having an off day yesterday. I was overwhelmed and simply sad. I’m sure all of you know when Mama is not having a good day no one is having a good day. So, pretty much we all had a rough Sunday. But, today was a new day and I made sure I learned something from my rough day yesterday; in the end that’s what matters. We cannot expect perfection, but we can always learn from our rough days. We will talk more about that tomorrow.
In the Comments Below:
- What is marvelous in your life?
What a week we have had; it was a busy one and I honestly don’t see life slowing down anytime soon. I am linking up with Heather for Friday Favorites and today I thought I would share with you my favorite things about fall.
1. Pumpkin cupcakes. These are easy and delicious. We cannot get enough of these cupcakes in our house. I am definitely making a batch of these this weekend.
2. Pumpkin pancakes. As you know we eat these all years long. Yes, it does not have to be fall to enjoy the delicious flavor of pumpkin.
3. Roasted pumpkin seeds.
4. Cider mill donuts. I love to eat healthy, but I practice the 80/20 rule. I also make sure everything I eat is worth it.
5. Carving pumpkins. Okay, I can’t stand cleaning out the pumpkin, but I love the creative process. I can’t wait to see what the girls pick this year. SO MUCH FUN!!
6. Sweatshirts, jeans, boots, etc. I love comfy fall clothes. I love cuddling on the couch.
7. The start of the holiday season. Holidays to me means spending time with my family and it can’t get any better then that. I truly love seeing my girls faces during this wonderful time of the year.
8. These fall to-do lists. Next year we are making one. Can’t wait!!
In the Comments Below:
- What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? I am always looking for new recipes to make.
- What are your favorite things about fall?