Here we are once again at Monday. I know I say this all the time, but boy oh boy does time go by way too fast. That means it’s time for another Marvelous in My Monday.
spending time with our big girls getting manicures and pedicures. Having daughters is amazing. I love having our girl time together. We went with my sister and mom to a nail salon that has hello kitty chairs for young girls.
our girls having the best sleepover (Sophia and Isabella sleep in Sophia’s bed) yet!! They played with barbies for a little bit then ended the night reading together. Sophia read a few books to Isabella and then they fell asleep. Couldn’t have been a better night.
having fun with our cousins at Gram and Grandpa’s (Steve’s mom and step-dad) house: they make coming over a breeze. Gram always has everything we need for all our girls; chairs, food, etc. I couldn’t ask for better in-laws! We had so much fun celebrating my sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s birthdays. We all have so much fun spending time with family. Family is what’s important
Not So Marvelous is…
having an off day yesterday. I was overwhelmed and simply sad. I’m sure all of you know when Mama is not having a good day no one is having a good day. So, pretty much we all had a rough Sunday. But, today was a new day and I made sure I learned something from my rough day yesterday; in the end that’s what matters. We cannot expect perfection, but we can always learn from our rough days. We will talk more about that tomorrow.
In the Comments Below:
- What is marvelous in your life?
What a week we have had; it was a busy one and I honestly don’t see life slowing down anytime soon. I am linking up with Heather for Friday Favorites and today I thought I would share with you my favorite things about fall.
1. Pumpkin cupcakes. These are easy and delicious. We cannot get enough of these cupcakes in our house. I am definitely making a batch of these this weekend.
2. Pumpkin pancakes. As you know we eat these all years long. Yes, it does not have to be fall to enjoy the delicious flavor of pumpkin.
3. Roasted pumpkin seeds.
4. Cider mill donuts. I love to eat healthy, but I practice the 80/20 rule. I also make sure everything I eat is worth it.
5. Carving pumpkins. Okay, I can’t stand cleaning out the pumpkin, but I love the creative process. I can’t wait to see what the girls pick this year. SO MUCH FUN!!
6. Sweatshirts, jeans, boots, etc. I love comfy fall clothes. I love cuddling on the couch.
7. The start of the holiday season. Holidays to me means spending time with my family and it can’t get any better then that. I truly love seeing my girls faces during this wonderful time of the year.
8. These fall to-do lists. Next year we are making one. Can’t wait!!
In the Comments Below:
- What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? I am always looking for new recipes to make.
- What are your favorite things about fall?
1. Wow, today was a crazy day. But, I must say as exhausting as it is I love my busy and this was fun busy. We had a wonderful play date this morning; not only did Isabella have fun, but I loved having a mommy date. Shortly after our playdate I went to the store to get stuff to Boo our neighbors (our girls love to Boo people). I had to be at Sophia’s school at 2:15 and it couldn’t have been more fun and needed. I truly love to be in her classroom. Sophia was having a sad day. She was missing her family and simply needed her mama. I am so glad I am fortunate enough to be able to into her class each and every week. I am so glad I could be there today. I was there longer then usual so I actually drove her home for the first time. I loved spending that 10 minutes in the car just the two of us. Once we got home I fed the girls and we left for dance. After dance we come home ate again, booed our neighbors and got everyone to bed. I was finally able to sit down and talk to all of you. I told you it was quite the day.
2. Yesterday, was Mimi’s birthday and it was so much fun. First I must say that Mimi deserves the best day ever. She does so much for everyone else that she deserves to have everything. We truly wouldn’t survive without her. I can’t even begin to tell you what an amazing women she is and has always been. She is everything I strive to be. She is my role model and my friend. I pray each and everyday that I am as selfless as she is, that I give my girls the amazing life she has given all of her children. Her unconditional love is beautiful. Mimi’s birthday went a little like this – Wednesdays she comes over to watch the twins while Isabella and myself go to gymnastics. So, while we were gone she was surprised by one of her best friends. Once, we got home we had cupcakes and enjoyed time with our Mimi. Then we took her out to dinner, Rainforest Café; the girls favorite restaurant.
Sophia was not into taking pictures AT ALL!! I tried to get a picture of McKenzie, but she wanted Mommy and it was not easy. But I must say dinner was a success.
3. My wonderful sister-in-law to be wrote he first blog post TODAY!! Head on over and give her some love. As you know, she is getting married next summer, loves crossfit, teaches 5th grade and loves healthy living. Her blog is definitely going to be a must read. Wow, reading her first post brought back so many memories to when I wrote my very first post. It was so scary, yet freeing and here I am today almost two years into this crazy blogging world and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love my readers and I love what this blog has done for my life. I can’t believe how much we have been through together. When I started this blog I wasn’t even pregnant then I became pregnant with twins, we experiences TTTS, preterm labor, and the NICU. Life has truly been a roller coaster.
4. McKenzie and McKayla did not sleep well last night. So, that means it was time for a little coffee. As you know I don’t drink anything with caffeine very often. Seriously, I only have a cup of coffee on occasion and it was definitely needed today.
As always thank you Amanda for hosting.
In the Comments Below:
- Tell me what is on your mind.
Good evening everyone. Boy what a day we have had. It was another busy one, but if your not busy your not living right?! I am not sure I agree with that, but I will at least keep telling myself that.
Since, it’s Tuesday it’s time to talk about all things baby, children, motherhood, etc. Today I thought I would tell you about our newest toy.
Water Painting Doodle Mat
Not only do McKenzie and McKayla love these mats, but Sophia and Isabella love them just as much if not more. These mats are just like the aqua doodle mats, but half the price. The best part is they only use water, so there is no need to worry about babies putting them in their mouths, on the walls, etc.
In the Comments Below:
- Tell me what you favorite toy is?