These are seriously, the best PANCAKES EVER. You will fall in love at first bite, they melt in your mouth. DELICIOUS!
Yields approximately 10-12 pancakes
- 180 grams all purpose flour (1 1/2 cups) (1:1 Gluten Free Flour if Needed – We like Bob Red’s Mills)
- 3 1/3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 grams granulated sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 42 grams butter, melted (3 tablespoons) (I use dairy free butter)
- 300 grams milk of choice (1 1/4 cups) (I use cashew or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (separated)
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl (you can do this ahead of time, I usually complete this step the night before and place a lid on the bowl until ready to use)
- In another bowl melt butter, add milk, vanilla and egg YOLK to melted butter – quickly beat, using hand mixer or by hand with a whisk (30 seconds)
- Beat egg white in a small separate bowl until frothy (1-2 minutes)
- Dump dry ingredients into butter, milk, vanilla and yolk mixture – gently combine together (don’t over mix)
- Add egg white to batter and continue to fold the batter until it is all incorporated. There will be lumps.
- Let sit for 10-30 minutes
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat
- Scope desired amount of batter onto pan (I use 1/3 cup per pancake)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on 1st first side until bubbles form, flip and reduce heat to low and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until cooked through
- Remove from pan and ENJOY with your favorite toppings.
Note: By weighing your ingredients you will get a more accurate batter and always have consistent and amazing pancakes.