Wow, Wednesday has come and gone. I can’t believe this week is almost over. But, I still have so much to get ready to leave. I can’t believe I am going away for 2 days, might not sound like much for me it’s A LOT. Not only do I have to pack, but I have to get everything ready at home. Daddy has to get Sophia on the bus and Isabella to school, that’s my biggest worry. I don’t want my trip away to affect my girls in a negative way. I am excited for them to have time with their daddy, but boy am I going to miss my family. Yes, it’s less then 48 hours, but still it’s long for me.
Since, it’s Wednesday I am going to share what I ate today. As you know, I am still trying to figure out what works for me when it comes to my diet. Today, I followed the 21 Day Fix 1500-1800 calorie plan (This is my favorite plan, I don’t feel hungry and I feel satisfied.) The higher plan makes me nervous, I was going to give it a go, but just wasn’t ready yet.
After working out and getting ready for the day I enjoyed my 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Protein Pancakes. This recipe is slightly modified from my original pumpkin protein pancakes. 1 red, 1 yellow, 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup oats (I used gluten-free oats from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 egg white (I used 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I use the Nutri Bullet, but any blender will do.) and mix until well combined.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cook between medium and medium-low. You want to cook these slowly or you will burn the outsides and the middles will be undercooked.
- Once the top bubbles try to flip if it sticks the wait another minute or so.
- Cook on the other side, then you are ready to eat.
- Top them with your favorite topping. Maple syrup and a little bit of butter is my favorite. My girls love putting whipped cream on theirs.
Before leaving for gymnastics I had a bowl of strawberries and grapes. 1 purple
Oh this may just be one of my favorite meals and it’s so easy, delicious, and healthy. YUM!! 21 Day Fix Nachos. 1 red, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 blue 1/2 tsp.
Lunch # 2
A salad with turkey, almonds, walnuts, and a little dressing. 1 red, 2 greens, 1/2 orange, 1/2 blue
Isabella and I brought home donuts from the cider mill and those are my favorite, so today I enjoyed 1/2 a donut and counted it as 1 yellow and 1 tsp. (Donuts are not in the book, so I guessed). These are amazing heated up in the microwave, they taste as though they were fresh from the oven. Half of one was plenty for me.
I had two meatloaf muffins and greens beans with carrots. I haven’t been adding the almonds lately and I have been cutting the butter and oil in half, this way I use less containers and they still taste great. I love taking recipes and making them fit my meal plan without sacrificing taste. 1 red, 2 greens
2 tsp almond butter
This was one of my favorite days of food lately. At the end of the day my body feels well taken care of and I still enjoyed my donut. I love eating everything in moderation.
In the Comments Below:
- Tell me what your diet is like. Are you a calorie counter or carb watcher? Do you follow if it fits your macros?