Good evening everyone. I hope you are having a great week. Our week has been fairly calm besides McKenzie and McKayla not feeling well. But, I have to say they slept well last night. YAY, maybe their medicine is working. Like, last week I have been feeling pretty good about my eating lately. Yes, I have had a few too many pieces of cake, but I still make sure to practice moderation. The cake from the girls’ party was amazing so it was well worth it.
Post Workout – 6:45am
My favorite treat. Peanut butter protein shake.
The girls and I had pumpkin protein pancakes. They we delicious as usual.
I haven’t had a poached egg in a few days. So, I thought it was time to have one again. They are one of my favorite meals.
I was in the mood for some peanut butter and jelly. So, I ate half a sandwich.
Turkey, hummus, and carrots.
We had some extra chicken from the party over the weekend so I grilled up a few pieces and paired it with leftover green beans and cheesy potatoes.
Green Beans with Almonds
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. butter
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 lbs. green beans
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4-1/2 cup oven roasted sliced almonds
- Heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 45-60 seconds or until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic from pan.
- Add green beans to pan, cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or just until beans are tender and brother in almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved garlic.
- Top with almonds.
Sweet Treat 7pm
Paleo Protein Bar – I love, love, love these. I can’t get enough of them. I seriously have to make sure I only eat one a day; I could eat the entire batch and so could McKayla.
Okay, so I didn’t hit my goal this week with eating a salad. But, I have still incorporated a lot of green beans. I don’t feel too bad at least I have added in some green veggies.
In the Comments Below:
- What was your favorite food from this week?