Jenn over at Peas and Crayons hosts a fun Wednesday post called What I Ate Wednesday. I thought I would join in on the fun.
Breakfast – 7:30 am
Breakfast was pretty standard for me. Sophia and I are on a waffle kick right now. So, for the most part I make the same yogurt waffles everyday. They are delicious and we can eat the entire recipe. I usually top mine with a little whipped butter and powdered sugar.
Morning Snack/Mini Lunch – 10:45 am
Since today was one of the days the girls and I decided to go to the gym I had my morning snack right after my workout, a Peanut Butter Protein Shake.
I also had half a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich with a few mini 12 grain crackers, from Trader Joe’s. I love PB and J sandwiches.
Mini Lunch #2 – 1:00 pm
After I put Isabella down for her nap I am usually hungry again. I am hungry again so I am having a low carb tortilla (right now I am enjoying La Tortilla Factory) with hummus (Basha), turkey and cheese. Paired with a couple of rice cakes (Trader Joe’s). We also had some strawberries, grapes, apples, and bananas.
Afternoon Snack – 3:30 pm
Dinner – 6:00 pm
Tonight, Steve was not home for dinner, which has been the usual lately. So the girls and I are on our own. We decided to make mini pizzas. This is a favorite of ours.
- 1 Naan (we buy ours form Trader Joe’s, in the freeze section)
- 1/2-1 wedge light garlic and herb laughing cow cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- toppings of choice (turkey pepperoni, chicken, bacon, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400-425 – depending on how crispy you like it
- Spread cheese on Naan
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese
- Add your toppings of choice
- Place on a pan and cook for about 10 minutes (depending on how done you like your pizza)
So easy, yet so delicious.
Dessert – 7:30 pm
After the girls go to bed I love to enjoy a sweet treat, but I loving making it a little healthier. So, I usually make a Single Serving Chocolate Cake. This cake has less then 150 calories, takes a couple minutes to make and tastes delicious. I also love to pair it with about a half a cup of low fat vanilla ice cream.
In the Comments Below:
- Do you tend to eat the same things everyday or do you like to change it up?
- Are you someone who measures out your food or do you just guess?