Oh my goodness, I cannot believe I have let so much time lapse since my last post, but honestly I have no excuse, except life happened. I am still processing all that has taken place over the last year and have been at a loss for words. I am not sure how I feel or what I should feel. We are slowly making our way back to some normalcy. School is back in person for the most part and I am finding out what it is like to be alone once again, it’s surreal and such strange feeling.
My girls and I spent most of our days together during 2020, we spent more time together than apart and honestly I loved it. Yes, we had some tough moments, but the good ALWAYS outweighs the bad. Our time together was a blessing. The connection my girls and I have made is amazing. My girls have also become closer, they have learned to relay on each other and that is a beautiful thing.
So much good has come out of this year and yet so much tragedy. I am choosing to focus on the good, not always easy, but it’s a must do for me and my family.
Good Things from 2020:
- Extra time with my girls definitely falls at the top of my list.
- Slowing down or at least learning to find peace within the stillness. Resting is not easy for me. I like to stay busy and get things done. I am a doer, but know I am so much healthier and happier when I actually let myself pause. This year has helped me focus inward or at least begin the process of allowing myself to simply be still.
- Being thankful for what we have, not what we want. Gratitude is what I am taking for 2020.
- I learned to just go for it. Learning that everyone has to start somewhere. If you don’t try you will never know. This year I started my YouTube channel, something I have wanted to do for many years. This year I finally took this giant leap. I decided I don’t have to be perfect to start, just do it.
- I become trained in two additional Pure Barre formats, Empower and Reform. I now teach all three formats we offer thus far. I’ll be honest without Pure Barre I would have never had the confidence to begin my YouTube channel. It’s crazy how everything happens for a reason.
- Focusing on my health from the inside. This is a topic that needs it’s only post and video, those will be coming soon.
- The health of my loves ones. Truly embracing that health is wealth. This year taught many of us we are nothing without our health.
This list is just a few of my favorite things to come out of 2020.
If you have been with me for a while you know I like to keep things real and I must say, I do have good days and bad, just like everyone. This year has definitely not been all sunshine and rainbows, but I choose to focus on the good things we have in life. At the end of each day I make a conscience choice to look back and remember the good moments each and everyday. I let the tough moments go. Reflecting on the positive things in life is what keeps me going.
Tough moments never last, tough people do.
Honestly, I don’t feel as though I have the right to complain, my life is beyond amazing and anything that doesn’t go right is simply a minor bump in the road. I truly am living my dream life. I have an amazing husband, four of the most wonderful daughters. Everything I could have ever wished for is mine. Wow, when I truly stop and think about all that we have I am in complete awe and just want to pinch myself. This is the main reason you will rarely hear me complain. I truly believe I have nothing to complain about, life is beautiful.
Remember, look for the light, not the dark.
So much has happened over the past 12 months and I am still processing it all. Not everything was bad, there has been so much good to come out of 2020 and I choose to see the good.
A post of some highlights from the end of 2020 is coming your way soon. Thank you for sticking with me today and every day. I am truly thankful to have you all here with me. Talk to you soon.