Babies are the size of coconuts. They weigh about 3 1/3 pounds and are just over 16 inches long. They are heading into a growth spurt (hopefully Baby A will pick up on her weight gain in the next few weeks). They can turn their heads from side to side and they are start to accumulate more fat on their bodies, which will help them regulate their body temperatures.
How far along? 31 weeks
Weight Gain? 28 pounds. I have hit a plateau on gaining weight for now.
Workouts? I have been doing different things to help Baby B get back to head down. She was last week, then on Monday this week she decided to flip. I really need her to turn around again. So, I have been doing lots of cat and cow and elevating my bum. I have also been doing different yoga moves which are safe for pregnancy, but can help turn Baby B. I don’t know if any of these things work, but I am praying they do. I really want to avoid a C-section if I can.
Yesterday, Baby B turned and is laying sideways right under my ribs. It is very uncomfortable. I really need her to turn again and put her feet up by my ribs.
Symptoms? I have been having all the same symptoms. My back has been hurting me even more lately and I have been nauseas.
Stretch Marks? Not yet! I don’t know if it is the lotion and oil, the water, or simply genetics. But whatever it is it is working so far.
Sleep? I have been very tired, but the last few nights I have had a difficult time falling asleep. I have had so much on my mind, ever since Monday’s appointment with my doctor. I can’t believe we are going to meet our twins in 3-4 weeks. It is truly surreal. I don’t feel ready. I hope and pray these little girls are ready.
Movement? I have been feeling kicks and jabs from all sides.
Milestone: 31 weeks! We are in the home stretch. My perinatologist wants to deliver these girls at 34 weeks, maybe 35. But no later. That means they will be here in no time. I am not ready. So, sometime between July 4th and July 11th we will be meeting our little ones. Oh my!
Genders? Identical twin girls.
Labor signs? Contractions and pressure. But nothing major yet.
Belly button in or out? Out.
What I am looking forward to this week? Sophia’s recital!! She will be in her first recital this Saturday. I am so excited for her, but I am also nervous for her as well. I know she is going to get nervous when she goes out on to the stage, but she will have fun. She has been talking about dancing on the stage for months. Last night was her dress rehearsal, so I get to do her makeup and hair. It was so much fun. She had so much fun dancing on stage. I was so worried, but she told me she loved it and waits to dance again next year. I can’t believe my little girl is old enough for this. Seriously, I still feel like I am 18 and in high school. Haha!
Tomorrow Isabella turns 2! I can’t believe she is already 2 years old. I still feel like she is my little baby.
Happenings/Thoughts from this past week:
- We have been seeing two doctors through this pregnancy, since I am high risk with the twins. On Monday we had an appointment with my perinatologist to talk about the end. She suggests that we deliver between 34 and 35 weeks because of the little one’s size. Our girls have a 50% size discrepancy and ideally doctors don’t like identical twins to have a size discrepancy of 20%. She also told us that this means our twins will be in the NICU. The little one is going to need more time than the big one, but she predicts they are both going to need some help.
- Preparing for my twins to be in the NICU is probably the scariest thing I have even done. I can’t stop thinking about it. I never thought I wouldn’t bring my child home from the hospital with me. I can’t imagine leaving our precious girls.
- I am also hoping the twins and I will still be able to nurse. I really want to have that connection with them. I loved nursing my first two girls and I would love to do that again. This is all unknown territory to me. I never thought on my third pregnancy I would be learning so many new things about pregnancy, delivery, and babies.
- I knew we were getting close to having our twins, but now that the perinatologist has given us dates I am starting to freak out a little. There is so much to do and no time to do it in. With both girls birthdays being this month our weekends are packed and then the twins will arrive.
- Baby B really needs to turn around. I am very afraid of having a c-section. I know I need to be prepared for anything, but at least if she is head down she gives us a better chance. I have been praying she gets head down before delivery. Baby A is all ready to go.
- This week has been so busy so next week I need to start ordering all the things we need for the arrival of the twins.
In the comments below:
- Any incite or advice to help me if/when our twins are in the NICU?
- Breastfeeding and the NICU?
- Any suggestions to encourage Baby B to flip?
- If you had a C-section what was the recovery like? I am clueless about C-sections so any information you can give me would be great.