Babies are the size of eggplants. They are about 13.6 to 14.8 inches long and weigh about 1.5 pounds to 2.2 pounds. Baby A falls right into those numbers. Baby B is well ahead of those numbers. The doctors are very happy with where they are at. They are putting more fat on their little bodies this week. Their lungs are maturing by the day.
Finally, a week in which there is a picture of twin in utero. These are fraternal twins, but at least we get a glimpse of two babies.
How far along? 28 weeks
Weight Gain? 28 pounds; right on track. Weight gain is definitely beginning to slow down. I have not been hungry at all. I remember this happening with both my girls too.
Workouts? Stretching and some of the arm workouts I posted on Friday. You can see them here.
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks, lots of pressure, sore back, etc.
Stretch Marks? Not yet!
Sleep? I have been extremely tired lately so I can sleep just about anywhere, anytime.
Movement? I still feel lots of kicks, but they are slowing down. I think they are quickly running out of room.
Milestone: Officially in the third trimester. YAY!
Genders? Identical twin girls.
Labor signs? Contractions and pressure. But the doctor checked this week and I am not dilated or effaced. That is wonderful news. I am truly hoping and praying to make it to July.
Belly button in or out? Out.
What I am looking forward to this week? Steve having a four day weekend. We will be relaxing and seeing family. Monday is my birthday so we have a few get togethers planned. Nothing crazy, but it will be a fun weekend. I love getting together for birthdays. It is such a fun time. 🙂
Happenings/Thoughts from this past week:
- Another wonderful ultrasound this week. I am always happy when we are stable and moving on to another week. We only have to hang in there for 7 or 8 weeks. I would be extremely happy to make it to 35 weeks but 36 would be ideal.
- My OB is wonderful I truly love her. At my appointment this week she gave me her cell phone number so she can deliver our twins. She doesn’t want to chance it and have the on call doctor deliver. I am truly blessed. She delivered my two girls and I can’t wait to have another wonderful delivery. I think everything is going to be amazing.
- I can’t believe how tired I am. Seriously, I feel like I could close my eyes and sleep all day long. I remember being tired with the girls but nothing like this. I mean this is ridiculous.
- I am starting to get nervous about the arrival of our twins. I can’t believe we are going to have four children. I hope I can be an amazing mom to all of them. They truly deserve the best of me and I pray that I can handle everything God is about to give me. I am excited and oh so nervous to embark on this journey.
- I was not nervous when I had Isabella for some reason. Adding one more and having two children did not worry me like having four does. Four just seems crazy. 🙂 HAHA. Life will never be the same, but I know it is only going to be so much better. I don’t know how I am ever going to go to the store again.
In the comments below:
- How did you deal with your emotions at the end of your pregnancy(ies)?
- Any advice on how to get through these next several weeks?