Babies are the size of grapefruits. They are about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces. Their faces are fully formed, they simply need a little more fat to fill it out. They are listening to voices and my heartbeat.
How far along? 23 weeks
Weight Gain? As most of you know I don’t weigh myself at home so we won’t know for a few more weeks.
Workouts? Simple stretching to help with pregnancy pains and delivery.
Symptoms? Braxton hicks, is pretty it at this point. I am feeling really good, which makes it hard not to do too much. But the doctors seem to think that is still what I need to be doing.
Stretch Marks? Not yet.
Sleep? I am starting to sleep much better. The itching is getting better which was the big problem.
Movement? All the time. You still cannot feel for see it from outside, but boy can I feel it.
Genders? Two identical girls.
What I miss: I miss feeling normal and being able to live how I want too. Right now I have so many people who care about me trying to help every second of the day and I just want to be with my girls and take care of them myself. 🙂 I even want to clean and organize my own house, not someone else. I know it sounds crazy, but when you are told you aren’t supposed to do something you want to do it even more.
Labor signs? Contractions throughout the day. But I am taking it easy.
Belly button in or out? It is definitely making it’s way out.
What I am looking forward to this week? I have my cousins baby shower this weekend and I am really looking forward to having some ladies time. 🙂 And of course, seeing the twins on the ultrasound at their weekly visit.
Random Thoughts from this Past Week:
- At the ultrasound on Monday the girls looked great. They are still about 40% difference in size, but they are on their own growth curve. So the doctors are happy with that for now. The bigger babies fluid levels is continuing to go up which worries us all a little bit. That might lead us to an amnio-reduction. We will have to wait and see. But for right now everyone looks amazing. 🙂
- I feel really good why can’t I do more things?
- My cervix stayed steady at the ultrasound on Monday it is on the low side of normal, but steady. So, I feel as thought I can do more. But everyone else says it is staying there because I am not doing too much. I know, I know only a few more months I can do it for the twins.
- This is a silly one, but it has still been on my mind. Am I going to get stretch marks or will my body hold off like it did with t he girls? I truly don’t know what to expect since I have never gotten this big with either of the girls. I am still drinking a ton of water, taking my omega-3’s and putting lotion and oils on everyday. I guess we just have to wait and see.
- Which belly binder do I want to purchase this time around? With the girls I simply used the one you can get from the hospital, but this time I want to make sure I buy the best. 🙂
In the comments below:
- Did you use a belly binder? If so which one?
- Did anyone have restrictions during pregnancy? If so do you think they helped keep the baby(ies) safe?
So glad that everything is still going well for you…I’m sure you can’t wait until you can do everything on your own again 🙂
Thank you. Me neither. I am ready to clean everything, my way. 🙂 HAHA
I so enjoy reading pregnancy updates, and being able to see the passage of time. These will be great to look back on for comparison when you finally have the twins!
I so feel for you on the whole issue of having to rely on others. I’m an independent spirit at heart, and like to be able to fend for myself. Soon enough!
The quick growth during pregnancy is crazy. I look back at my belly at 12 weeks and it baffles me to see where it is at now. I cannot believe how fast it is growing. It truly a miracle of life.
Like you, I have always been independent.
Glad you are feeling much better! <3 I know it's hard taking it easy, but it'll be so worth it later!
I definitely feel the same.. I. 23 Weeks pregnant with fraternal boy and girl I think you’ll be wonderful
I am so happy to know that there is someone else out there who has two girls already and is expecting two twin-girls. I have been overwhelmed by the thought of having 4 children suddenly and then all being girls too! Sounds like our pregnancies are going much the same … I had no complications with my previous pregnancies, and so far so good with the twins. I have had some trouble getting comfortable enough to sleep at night but think I’ve found that lots of pillows do help!! 🙂
Congratulations! It is absolutely wonderful having four girls. I can’t imagine it any other way. I am so glad everything is going well. I will continue to pray for you!!