Babies are the size of cucumbers. They are about 15.2 to 16.7 inches and weigh about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. Their skin is getting smoother and their brain is continuing to develop. They are also becoming strong enough to grasp a finger.
How far along? 30 weeks
Weight Gain? 27-28 pounds, I haven’t gained any weight in a few weeks. The babies fluid has gone down and I really can’t fit too much in my belly these days. But both girls were up on the weight at this weeks growth scan, so everything is going well.
Workouts? Same as last week. Stretching and some arm workouts. These arm workouts use no weights and can be done seated; they are the best. You can see them here. At least after I have the twins I can show off my arms. 🙂
Symptoms? Same as they have been. Braxton hicks, pressure, pressure, pressure. These babies are both head down and definitely pushing on me. I have seriously been so tired I feel like I could sleep for days. My body is just worn down.
Stretch Marks? Not yet! I continue to use my coconut oil and Mama Mio lotion. Throughout the day I might rub some other lotion on too. I just make sure my belly never feels dry. I am a huge believer in hydrating from the inside out. I drink a ton of water.
Sleep? I have been extremely tired lately so I can sleep just about anywhere, anytime. However, some nights I have trouble falling asleep. I think I have too much on my mind. There is just so much to do before our twins arrive.
Movement? They are definitely not moving as much and no major turning. I think they are running out of room.
Milestone: 30 weeks!! My doctor told us if we could get in the 30’s that would be a great thing. Well we are here. Thinking back to everything that happened in March with going to Philly and TTTS, I never thought we would make it this far. This is truly a miracle!
Genders? Identical twin girls.
Labor signs? Contractions and pressure.
Belly button in or out? Out.
What I am looking forward to this week? This weekend Steve is going to do some painting in the girls rooms. I am ready to start get our house all set for the twins. We are moving Sophia and Isabella around too, so we have a lot to do.
I am also looking forward to another week with these babies in my belly.
Happenings/Thoughts from this past week:
- We had our ultrasound on Monday and it was growth scan week (we can only have one of these every three weeks). We were able to see how the twins are growing. Baby B is doing amazing. She is continuing to stay on her growth curve of being three weeks ahead of my due date. She weighs about 3 lbs. 12 oz. (she gain 1 lb. in three weeks). However, Baby A out little baby is not doing as well. She has fallen off her growth curve and is not one and a half to two weeks behind my due date (she was measuring on my due date). She is weighing about 2 lbs. 3 oz. (she gained 6 oz. in three weeks). My doctor says it is good she is growing and all of her dopplers and blood flow looked awesome and those are what matter.
- Baby B’s fluid went down again. It is now at a 4. In the past 4 weeks it went from a 12 to a 4. The hardest thing is none of the doctors really know why. They say that the fluid does reduce but they don’t have definitive answers. So, far now we simply have to wait and see.
- I am simply praying that our girls can continue to thrive and grow for at least another 4 weeks. Ideally another 6 weeks. I know I say this every week, but I really want to make it to 35-36 weeks. I want to avoid the NICU as much as we can.
- I am really looking for something cute to wear at the hospital. Something comfy and I want to the top to be breastfeeding friendly. A cute set of PJ’s or something comfy. I really haven’t been able to find anything cute. I want to be able to wear it when I get home too. For the girls I bought a cute set of PJ’s from Motherhood but this time around I haven’t found anything that I like.
- Names, names, and more names. I seriously am still not sure what to name our twins and they are going to be here in no time. Right now the only ones we have are McKenzie and Madison or McKenzie (Kenzie) and McKayla (Kayla). I like all those names, but I am still not sure. I am so lost this time around.
In the comments below:
- If you have any ideas of where I can get something cute to wear at the hospital I would love to hear all about them.
- Any name suggestions?