Good morning everyone. I can’t believe it is Wednesday already and time to see what I have been eating these days. I have been extremely exhausted and food has been the last thing on my mind. But, I have been very conscience of getting 100 grams of protein in each day, per doctors orders.
This month is all about snacking. Here are some of my favorite snacks:
- Fruit, of any kind. I seriously can eat just about any fruit. Whenever, I want a sweet treat this is my go to snack.
- Carrots and hummus is another one of my quick and easy snacks. I love eating this snack while I make dinner.
- A peanut butter protein shake
- I love peanut butter on Wasa crackers. I actually love peanut butter on anything and it’s a great way to feel full for hours.
- A handful of peanuts is another great snack that is quick and easy.
Meal # 1 – 7:30
This morning we had protein pancakes and as always they were delicious. (30 grams of protein)
Snack 1 – 10:00
For some reason yesterday morning I had a difficult time getting us out the door. So, I only had time to grab a luna bar and eat it in the car. (9 grams of protein)
Meal # 2 – 12:00
Once we got home from dance I was starving so I made myself a nice big salad with turkey, carrots, walnuts, homemade pita croutons, and a sprinkle of cheese. I paired it with some pita chips and hummus. (30 grams of protein)
Snack # 2 – 2:30
I had a fruit salad and half of Isabella’s Chocolate Chip Z-Bar.
Meal # 3 – 6:00
Last night, was Steve’s golf league so my mom and dad came over and brought us dinner. I had the Baja Chicken sub from Quiznos. This is one of my favorite sandwiches. Lately, I have been loving corn on the cob so I had a piece of that with my sandwich. When warm weather hits I can’t resist corn on the cob. (30 grams of protein)
My dad also picked up a couple chocolate chunk cookies, if you haven’t had these you definitely have to try them they are delicious. These cookies are huge so I only had half a cookie, but trust me that was plenty. Soft chocolate chip cookies are definitely a treat I don’t pass up. For me a good cookie is worth it. I had a glass of milk too. (10 grams of protein)
Total Protein: 109 grams
Total Water: 140 ounces
In the Comments Below:
- What are some of your go-to healthy snacks?
- When it comes to food what treat/indulgence will you never pass up?
- What is one of your top restaurants to pick up food from?