This recipe makes approximately 6 mini pies (depending on the size of your apple).
- 1 apple, cut into small pieces (I used a granny smith and I like to keep the skin on, but that is up to you.)
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1 crust makes about 10 mini pies)
- 6 tablespoons of paleo granola crunch (uncooked) or any store bought granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan combine the apple pieces, lemon juice, water, and cinnamon. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes (the time will vary depending on the size of your apple pieces, you want them to be soft, but not soggy).
- While the apples are cooking roll out your crust and cut it into 10 round pieces. (I used the top of a glass.) You will need to combine all the extra scraps, then roll out (using a rolling pin) the dough in order to make the last couple crusts.
- Place each piece into a muffin tin and fill with the cooked apples.
- Skip to step 6 is using store bought granola. If using homemade granola top with 1/2-1 tablespoon of paleo granola crunch (uncooked).
- If using store bought granola cook your apple pies first. Take out of oven a few minutes before they are done cooking, add the granola and finished cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! I am not going to lie I like to top mine with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
In the Comments Below:
- Are you as obsessed with apple pie as much as I am? Seriously, I was determined to create a healthier, but equally delicious recipe and I think I nailed it. Actually, I prefer mine to any unhealthy recipe. Try it and let me know what you think.