Happy Friday everyone. This week seemed to go by so quickly. Lately, every week is just flying by. I can’t believe we are already to the middle of April. But at the same time I am ready to get to July and have our healthy little girls. 🙂
We have a nice quiet weekend with simply our usually activities, swim class and church. We have decided not to do much until we know we are not at risk for having our twins too early. I do love to relax, but it is getting a little old. I am ready to go to Target again. Haha.
Here is Steve’s Nana’s chicken recipe like promised and her cheesy potato recipe is coming tomorrow.
Cheesy Baked Chicken Strips
2 cups cheese-flavored crackers, crushed (1 cup when crushed)*
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)*
1 large egg
1 lb chicken breast tenders (I use the frozen chicken tenderloins from Costco)
- In a plastic food storage bag or lidded container mix crushed crackers and cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Toss chicken in egg to coat, allowing excess to drip into bowl. Then dip into cracker and cheese mixture.
- Place chicken in single layer in sprayed 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake uncovered 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees until no longer pink in center.
*I use white cheese crackers and white cheddar cheese so the chicken isn’t orange! Either way it will taste the same. (Steve’s Nana gave me this tip.)
In the comments below:
- What do you have going on the weekend?
- Would you rather have a busy weekend or relax at home?