Babies are the size of rutabagas. They are about 13.6-14.8 inches and they weigh about 1.5 pounds to 2.5 pounds. Babies at this stage are breathing rapidly with the lungs. (This is one of the things we look for during our ultrasounds and both girls have been doing great). Babies are also showing brain activity. Their brains are beginning to workharder and become more complex. Wow, so much is happening. It is exciting.
How far along? 27 weeks
Weight Gain? I am not sure this week. But, I go Monday again so we will know next week.
Workouts? Right now I am simply stretching. I also found this amazing arm workout that requires no weights and you can do it sitting or standing. It is simple enough to do even if you are on bed rest (consult your doctor). I will write a post all about these workouts tomorrow.
Symptoms? All the same from the previous weeks. Braxton hicks and major back pain.
Stretch Marks? Not yet, but I have been using my Mama Mio lotion and coconut oil. I read a fabulous article all about the benefits of coconut oil for your skin, so I have added that into my skincare routine.
Sleep? I have been exhausted lately, so I have been sleeping extremely well.
Movement? They have been rolling around like crazy. I am so happy at Monday’s ultrasound they were both head down. Let’s hope they stay that way; I am still praying for a vaginal delivery.
Milestone: At this point every week is a milestone. We are getting closer and closer to 36 weeks. My ultimate goal.
Genders? Identical twin girls.
Labor signs? Contractions.
Belly button in or out? Out.
What I am looking forward to this week? Sophia is going to a big sister class at our hospital on Saturday and I can’t wait to see what she thinks about everything. She already can’t wait to meet the babies, I think this will get her more and more excited. I am also looking forward to my girlfriends shower on Sunday. Two of my girlfriends are due in August with girls, as well. We are thrilled. 🙂
Happenings/Thoughts from this past week:
- Our ultrasound went well. This was growth scan week my favorite. (They only do growth scans every three weeks). Baby A was 1 lb. 13 ounces, almost 2 pounds that is awesome news. Baby B was 2 lbs. 12 ounces, almost 3 pounds great news again. The only thing that is still concerning is their extreme size difference. They don’t like identical twins to be over 20% difference. But they are both growing well and that is what matters most. We will continue to pray that this keeps up. If at any point one of them is not growing well we will have to deliver.
- On Monday I had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. It was not as bad as I thought is was going to be. Right after I drank the high sugar drink (on an empty stomach) I felt funny, but it began to wear off as the hours went on and felt like myself again. My doctor called yesterday my test results came back normal. I don’t have gestational diabetes. YAY!! I feel so much better. One less thing to worry about. It is so nice to have all that behind me.
- I can’t believe our twins are going to arrive within 9 weeks. It is crazy, I still don’t think it has hit me that we are going to have two newborns in no time. Don’t get me wrong I am so ready to meet these two little lovers and not be pregnant any more, but it is coming quickly.
- I loved being pregnant with my first two, but they were uneventful and easy. I used to tell Steve I have no idea how I am never going to be pregnant again. I would tell him I am going to miss it so much. But, after this pregnancy I think I am ready to say good-bye to this stage of our lives. It is still such a sad thought, but I think it is reality. This time around it has simply been so stressful, I just want our twins to be here and be healthy.
- To be honest with you I love labor and delivery, so once our twins arrive I know I am going to be sad to never do that again. But, I think we will be so busy with two babies it might not hit me. 🙂
In the comments below:
- Did you enjoy being pregnant? Will you be sad when you are all done?
- What is your favorite part about pregnancy?