Good evening everyone. Today was a sad day for me. When I dropped Sophia off at preschool this morning she cried (she hasn’t done this all year) and told me she just wanted me to stay with me all day. It broke my heart. I really wanted to simply bring her home with me and hold her. Of course, I didn’t do that, but boy did I want to. Although, I held it together while I was with her I lost it on my way out to the car. All I could think about was September, when she starts kindergarten. I am going to cherish all my time with her this summer because I know once she goes to school our life will change forever.
Since, it is Wednesday it’s time to talk about food. Instead of talking about my typical day of eating I wanted to share with you my new favorite snack/meal. I have been eating it as an afternoon snack and it has been great. Full of protein and so delicious. McKayla loves them too. We love eggs in our house.
- 12 eggs
- 12 egg whites (2 1/4 cups liquid egg whites)
- 8 cooked sausage links/patties (I used turkey sausage, but you can use any type you choose)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a whisk or a fork mix the eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly into 16 muffins.
- Cut up cooked sausage links/patties and place half a sausage into each cup.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Place muffin pan into the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
I used a silicone muffin pan and that worked perfectly. They popped right out. If you use a regular muffin pan make sure to spray it with oil or line each cup with parchment paper.
Each egg and sausage muffin has less them 100 calories and 10 grams of protein. These values depend on type of sausage used.
In the Comments Below:
- Have you ever made egg muffins before?
- Do eat a lot of eggs?
- What was your favorite food from this week?