Happy Wednesday everyone. Our week has really taken a turn for the better. I took McKayla and McKenzie to the doctor yesterday and sure enough they both had ear infections. The medicine worked quickly. They finally slept well last night and they are definitely feeling better today.
Since it is Wednesday you know what that means, time to talk about food. Ever since posting about my 9 month postpartum fitness progress I have received numerous emails and messages. Each one asking how I eat healthy and workout with four little ones. Today, I thought I would share some details with you.
- Egg whites and Ezekiel bread are always a go to. I don’t usually eat this for breakfast, but I love it as an afternoon snack.
- Of course, a salad had to be on this list. I always try have lettuce cut up in the fridge making it quick and easy to put together a healthy salad. I will simply throw in almonds, walnuts, carrots, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- I love to make a big batch of crockpot salsa chicken to have throughout the week. It is delicious with rice, alone, on tacos, etc.
- Pumpkin protein pancakes. If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know that I love these pancakes. I like to make a couple batches to keep in the fridge and use whenever needed throughout the week.
- Meatloaf muffins. Oh my these are a great way to have a quick meal. These take literally no time. I love to make these homemade, but sometimes a packet comes in handy. I like the Mrs. Dash brand (no added salt).
- Tacos. Another simple one that you can make a double batch of and have for days. Again I like to make my own seasoning, but in a pinch I will use the reduced sodium packets.
- Fruit, fruit and more fruit. The best thing to do is have a bunch cut up for easy snacking throughout the day. This way when I am hungry and need to grab something quick it is all set to go.
- Carrots, hummus, and turkey. All you have to do is eat it. So easy.
- Paleo protein bars are my new favorite treat. These are seriously delicious. Yesterday, when I was starving but didn’t have time make anything so I grabbed one of these and it was perfect. I also love knowing what is in my bars, so much better then the packaged ones.
My number one piece of advice is when you make something make a double batch. It is so much easier to only cook a few days and be able to eat all week long. Also make sure you have healthy foods to reach for throughout the day. If you don’t have anything healthy how are you supposed to eat clean.
If When I do eat a treat during the day I make sure I portion it out and not to over do it. Eat what you love just find a healthy way to do it.
Everything in moderation.
In the Comments Below:
- What were your favorite foods from this week?
- What are your go-to quick healthy eats?