I cannot believe tomorrow is Halloween. Where has this year gone? It is seriously going to be Christmas before we know it. I do love Christmas time, but it is just crazy how fast life goes by.
Since, it is Wednesday it is time to talk about food.
I had my usual turkey wrap with hummus and cheese. I also had a peanut butter and jelly on a flatbread.
Lunch # 2 – 2:00
I was hungry, but didn’t want to simply snack, so I decided make a pumpkin waffle.
New Recipe – Pumpkin Waffles
- 1/2 cup flour (I used unbleached all purpose flour, but I am going to try it with oat flour too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt (if you want a stronger pumpkin flavor you can replace yogurt with more pure pumpkin, I have made it both ways and loved it)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or more cinnamon
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl mix together.
- Make a well in the center and add all the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and stir together.
- Let sit about 5 min. I usually let it sit while the waffle iron heats up.
This recipe makes about 2-3 large waffles. The entire recipe has under 300 calories.
If you are making waffles for more than 1 or 2 people simply double it. (I do it all the time, for my girls and me).
Snack – 3:00
Last night we had our last dinner provided by our neighbors. We are quite sad to see it end, but beyond grateful to have all these wonderful people in our lives. I do love to cook, it just takes time and lately time for cooking hasn’t been avaliable. I do think we are all getting to a place where I will be able to cook more often. You will definitely have more recipes coming your way.
Last night our neighbor brought us a delicious chicken cordon bleu casserole.
I had one of my single serve chocolate cakes. They are wonderful guilty pleasure. I love to end my day eating one.
In the Comments Below:
- What was your favorite food from this week?
- Do you love to end your day with a sweet treat? If so what is your favorite?
- Do you like to cook? What is your favorite thing to make?