I love how cream of chicken soup makes recipes extra creamy and delicious, but I don’t love adding canned soup to my homemade meals, so many additives. I also wanted to make a dairy free version. Well low and behold we like it so much better and it’s rather simple to make.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a medium sauce pan bring the broth and seasonings to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour until well combined.
- Slowly pour milk mixture into broth and whisk until it starts to thicken about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, it will thicken as it sits. Can be used immediately or stored in the fridge for up to a week.
*This recipe makes the amount equivalent to a can of soup. Can replace a can of cream of chicken soup in any recipe.