This has been my go to breakfast for a while now and it hits the spot everytime.
- 22 grams cup rolled oats (1/4 cup)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flax seeds (2 grams)
- 30 grams pumpkin puree (1/8 cup)
- 57 grams cottage cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg white or 3 tablespoons (46 grams) liquid egg whites or 1 egg or 3 tablespoons egg substitute*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle to medium heat
- Place all ingredients into a container and blend. I use an immersion blender, but you can use a magic bullet or any blender that has a smaller container attachment. If too thick add water a teaspoon at a time.
- Cook pancakes slowly. About 3-4 minutes per side. Watch carefully, these can burn easily.
- Enjoy with the topping of your choice!
Tip: I love to blend this ahead of time, making breakfast quick and easy the next morning. You can also double or triple this recipe to make more pancakes.
*Using 1 egg will make the pancakes thicker, egg whites make thinner pancakes – I love them both ways, you do you.
Macro Count (using 3 tablespoon liquid egg whites):
This will vary depending on the type of cottage cheese (I used 2%) you use as well as the type of eggs you choose.
- Total Calorie Count: 178
- Total Fat: 3.5
- Total Carbs: 20.7
- Total Protein:15.7