ENGAGE, ENGAGE, ENGAGE your muscles! I can’t say that enough, put your mind to the muscle you are focusing on. Mind to body connection is the number one way to get the most out of your workouts. You can simply go through the motions or you can zone in on your working muscles.
If you are simply going through the motions when it comes to your workouts you are not getting the most out of your time and time is valuable. When I workout I put my body, heart and soul into those precious minutes. Of course, not every workout is 100%. Some days it’s just therapy, some days I just want to zone out and simply move my body, that’s okay too. Seriously, my workouts are about so much more than just looking a certain way, they help me have a healthy mind and body. I’m still working on the healthy mind part, always a work in progress.
Remember healthy living is a journey, not a destination.
My Top Tips to Getting the Most Out of Your Workouts:
- Here it is, number one: Muscle Engagement. Your workouts will be more effective when you actually zone in on the muscle you are trying to strengthen. You will be surprised at how often you may catch yourself not focusing on the muscle properly. The more aware you become, the more you will notice a change in strength, endurance and overall feel and look. Get to know your body, become aware of what works for you. Body awareness is key in transforming your muscles.
- The moment you step into your place of exercise (wherever that may be) focus in on you. Be in the moment. Take your time to be fully present in your mind and body. Trust me, I know this can be easier said than done, but try to give yourself this time.
- Unplug. This one goes with focusing on you and your body. Set your intentions as soon as you make the decision to be there, in your workout space.
- Step out of your comfort zone. I’m sure you’ve heard this one before, but nothing grows in your comfort zone. Allow yourself to struggle, allow your body to shake, push past your comfort zone and make changes. You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit. This is not only true in your workouts, but your life too. Remember you are only given what you can handle. No one else was given your life, your path is yours to create. If you don’t like the one you are on, create a new one.
- Ask questions. This one is a big one. No matter if you workout at home, at a studio or gym. Ask questions when needed. Instructors and trainers are there to help you achieve your best self. There are no stupid questions. The more you know, the easier it is to perform your best workout. I am always available, contact me anytime and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I am here to help.
- Show up. This one sounds easy, but can sometimes be the most difficult. Showing up is the first step. Be there, be present and everything else will fall into place. Make the choice to take care of yourself. Own your decisions.
Always continue to work on yourself. You are amazing as you are, but we are forever growing and changing. It is okay to love yourself and still want to work on yourself.