Happy Saturday everyone. I am looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend, just what we need. Tonight, Daddy is taking Sophia and Isabella to the daddy/daughter dance and they are beyond excited. This will be Isabella’s first time going. So much fun. Making memories.
I know, I promised you this recipe awhile ago. I am sorry it has taken me so long, but January was a busy month for us. I still can’t believe it’sFebruary already.
This has become one of our favorite recipes. I made it just a little bit healthier by substituting the sour cream for Greek yogurt and it turned out perfect.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package jello vanilla pudding (If you are trying to save calories and carbs you can use sugar free.)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used plain nonfat.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (Next time I make this I am going to try replacing the oil with applesauce; I will let you know how they turn out.)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 6 ingredients (everything except the brown sugar) with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and mix well
- Spray 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with combined 2T brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack.
- Cool completely then dust with powdered sugar.
I like to make these into muffins (portion control at it’s finest). I follow the same directions except I sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar blend on the top of each muffin and sometimes in the middle of the muffins. You only need to cook these for 15-20 minutes watch them closely.
I have found the best liners to use are parchment paper liners (seriously nothing sticks, making it so much easier).