I thought it was about time I posted one of our favorite healthy dinner recipes. We certainly love our treats around here, as you know I am a big believer, everything in moderation, but I do love to feed my family healthy delicious meals. Here is a favorite we all enjoy often because it’s one we all eat.
- 500 grams (1-1 1/2lbs.) skinless boneless chicken breast or tenderloins (cut into chunks or strips)
- 30 grams or 2 Tablespoons egg substitute or 1 egg (beaten)
- 30 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 14 grams Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (If you have a convection oven use that setting, if not no worries)
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, Italian breadcrumbs and parmesan in a pie dish
- Place cut up chicken into a bowl
- Pour beaten egg over the chicken pieces, stir to make sure chicken is well coated
- Dip each piece of chicken into breadcrumb mixture
- Place on a pan covered in parchment paper
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip chicken then cook for an additional 10 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through)
The possibilities are endless when it comes to how to serve this chicken. Sometimes we simply eat it as is and just add ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. Other times we add a sweet and sour sauce to create a Chinese inspired meal or we will make chicken sandwiches.
These are also great the next day. I simply reheat the leftovers in my air fryer and we can create a completely different meal if we choose. The possibilities are endless.