Thank you Amanda for hosting this wonderful link-up. I love mindlessly thinking out loud.
1. Isabella had her first ever dance class and it went amazingly well. It went better then I would have ever imagined. From the moment we got our dance attire on Tuesday morning until we arrived at class she was excited, but made sure she told me she was quite nervous. However, she also said she wouldn’t be nervous when she was dancing because she loves to dance. Isabella is a true gem. We arrived at the dance studio, got her tap shoes on and went into the room. All the dancers came out half way through to change shoes and she simply couldn’t wait to get back in the room and dance again. Watching the excitement on her face was truly amazing. I love seeing Isabella light up. This is the first thing she is doing all by herself and I couldn’t be prouder. She is such a wonderful little girl.
2. Sophia starts dance tonight and this morning she said she was a little nervous. Isabella says to her, “It will be okay I was nervous too, but it was so much fun.” I love when my girls help each other. Their conversation was so heartfelt and sweet.
3. Okay, so this is the second full week of school and I think we are finally getting our routine done pat. Our mornings have been pretty smooth lately. (I have been using my ideas from this post.)
4. I have to say this morning watching Sophia get on the bus was a little rough for me, yes this is about the 12th time and it is still not any easier. I stood there thinking about how grown up she is and trying to figure out how we got to where we are today.
5. Thank you for all the kind messages from Tuesday’s post; they really meant a lot to me. My plan is to write a post about motherhood every Tuesday. I loved writing Tuesday’s post and I want to continue to delve deeper into the emotional side of motherhood. Being a mom is not any easy job.
6. I am sorry I didn’t get to post last night, I was feeling overwhelmed and just had to take the night off. As you know lately I have been trying to get organized and last night once the girls were in bed I had a little breakdown about everything that needs to be done. I just don’t always know where to start.
7. I have received a lot of emails asking about how we discipline our daughters, asking how they are such good girls. I wrote a post awhile back about our discipline style, you can read it here. That post is one of my favorites and pretty much sums up how things work around here. The biggest thing I will tell you is that you must teach your children the correct way to do things, you must tell them what you expect when you go places. You cannot expect your children to read your mind, they are little and still learning. One thing I always think about is that Sophia has only been in this world for 5 years; that is such a short period of time. So, remember our child need to be taught and once you have taught them the basics you really wont have much disciplining to do. I must say you put the work in for a few years and you will reap the benefit for many years to come. With Sophia all we really have to do is remind her of the rules every once in awhile, but for the most part she is an angel. Even though Isabella is younger it is pretty much the same thing. She knows right from wrong and all we have to do is reiterate what we expect and everything is wonderful!! So, basically take the time and teach your children and that is all you need. Most children act out for attention and because they know they can get away with it. Consistency is key, even when you aren’t around!! Okay that is enough for now. Head on over to this post and you can read details about disciplining.
8. I love blogging for so many reasons. Thank you for sticking with me through all the craziness. I seriously, look forward to talking to you each and every day. Okay, some weeks it is not each and every day, but you know what I mean. 🙂
In the Comments Below:
- What is on your mind?