It’s a new recipe for What I Ate Wednesday.
This is one of our favorites and it is so easy. These are my favorite types of recipes. As you know we do not follow a Paleo diet, but there are a lot of things I love about it, so I do incorporate some aspects of the diet into our lives.
Recipe adapted from here.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour (I used tapioca, simply because that is what was in my pantry)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup or tomato paste (If you follow a Paleo diet make sure you use Paleo ketchup)
- 1 Tbsp. palm sugar (you can substitute regular sugar)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced, or 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (I didn’t have sesame oil at home so I used canola oil; this is not Paleo)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (FYI: rice vinegar is the same thing)
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos (This is not easy to find so I used lite soy sauce)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cashews
- In a bag, combine the black pepper and flour. Add the chicken and shake the bag to coat the meat. In a skillet (I used a wok) heat the coconut oil, cook the chicken for a few minutes on medium-high heat.
- Combine all other ingredients into a bowl (except for the cashews)
- Place the chicken and sauce into a crockpot. Stir in the cashews.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours
We paired it with rice and it was delicious.
Can you believe I just started using the crockpot after McKenzie and McKayla were born? I seriously don’t know how I lived without it. I use it at least 3 times a week and it is AMAZING. If you’ve never used one this is an easy recipe to start with, just go for it.
In the Comments Below:
- What is your favorite recipe right now?
- Do you love the crockpot?