Happy Friday everyone. I hope you are having a great day. We are having a pretty relaxing day, besides for a little cleaning. I always try to clean on Fridays so that we go into the weekend with a fresh house. But let me tell you I am exhausted today. I definitely cannot go out at night during this pregnancy. Last night was bunco night and I didn’t get to sleep until midnight. That is 3 hours later than usual. 🙂 Good thing it’s Friday and I will have my lovely hubby’s help all weekend. He truly has been terrific.
Here is the chicken recipe I promised all of you on Wednesday. I hope you like it.
Easy Stove Top Breaded Chicken
So, I have a confession to make, when I made this the other night I didn’t measure anything. I am sorry. Next time I make it will give you exact amounts. But for now I will simply tell you what I used and the method I used to cook it.
- olive oil
- panko bread crumbs
- garlic – I used this the most
- Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- Drizzle olive oil in pan. Enough to cover pan. Heat pan on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. While pan is heating do steps 2-6.
- Make sure your chicken breasts are either thinly sliced or pounded thin before doing anything. If chicken breasts are too thick the breading with burn before the chicken is cooked all the way through. I usually thin sliced chicken.
- Fill one bowl with a little olive oil and one bowl with panko bread crumbs and the rest of the ingredients.
- Dip chicken into olive oil. Then immediately dip into bread crumb mixture.
- Place in heated pan.
- Cooking time depends on thickness of chicken and the temperature of the oil, but I would say about 3-4 minutes each side.
That’s all! It is so quick and easy. I love this meal. Steve can call on his way home from work and I can throw together a great meal in no time. Give it try and let me know what you think.