- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites or about 80 grams liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oil (reserve 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup cashews, almonds, or a mix of both (you can always leave these out if need a lower fat meal)
- 4 green onions cut on diagonal
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or soy sauce alternative)
- 8 ounce package of pea pods, thawed (optional)
- General Tso’s Sauce (optional)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Mix egg whites, salt, and cornstarch. Add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate covered for at least 20-30 minutes. This can be done in advanced.
- Heat first two tablespoons oil in a deep sided skillet or wok (I use a wok.). Add the chicken and quickly stir fry. Don’t let chicken stick together. Cook for about three minutes. Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Pour reserved two tablespoons oil into clean heated pan. Add the nuts and green onions, then stir fry for one minute.
- Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chicken to the pan and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the pea pods (if you are including them) and stir fry for one minute.
- We added a little Trader Joe’s General Tso’s sauce and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. It was delicious. Add the sauce and pepper flakes at the end of cooking; stir to combine.
- Serve with veggies, rice, noodles, couscous, etc. The possibilities are endless.