This is seriously so addicting. So be careful. 🙂 I love to make this and give some away. I will wrap it up in nice plastic Christmas bags and tie it with a ribbon.
You can play around with the amount of each ingredient depending on what you and your family like. We like less M&M’s and more cereal and pretzels.
Ingredients: (small recipe, perfect for our family)
11 oz White Chocolate (I have used the disks and chips)
2 cups chex cereal or crispix cereal (I have used both)
3 cups pretzels (sticks or waffle – I have used both)
1/2 cup peanut butter M&M’s or Peanuts (I am not a peanut fan so I switched mine)
1/2 cup M&M’s
Ingredients: (large recipe – depending how much I plan to give as gifts)
1 medium box chex or crispix cereal
1 med jar dry roasted peanuts or 1/2 medium bag peanut butter M&M’s
1/2 medium bag regular m&m’s
1 lb bag pretzles
2 – 1 lb. bag of white chocolate (I have used the disks and chips)
Directions: (these are the same for the two sizes, the larger size will take longer to melt)
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except white chocolate and mix.
2. Put white chocolate into microwave safe bowl melt in 1 minute intervals (for small mix), 2 minute intervals (for large mix) at 50% power until melted. Stir in between intervals. Sometimes I go down to 30 seconds depending on how fast the chocolate is melting. You don’t want the chocolate to burn.
3. Pour over mixture immediately.
4. Spread our 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick on wax paper on counter.
5. Let dry at least 30 minutes.