Oh my goodness I have fallen head of heals in love with riced cauliflower (I have eaten it everyday since I discovered this gem.) . Seriously, it is such a delicious and easy way to get my veggies in; I have been craving these “potato pancakes” like crazy.
- 85 grams of rice cauliflower (I have used both frozen and fresh)
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg whites or 1 egg white
- seasoning of choice (I always add minced garlic)
- Place your cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. This is not an exact science. You can’t mess it up. You simply want your cauliflower soft and workable.
- Preheat skillet to medium.
- Take it out of the microwave, add egg whites, seasoning and mash together until combined.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add your cauliflower mix. At this time use your spatula to form the mixture into a pancake shape.
- Let cook for a few minutes on one side then flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- That’s it. Once done enjoy with your favorite topping.
- I love to top mine with salt, reduced sugar ketchup and sometimes mustard. They end up tasting like a mix between hash browns and potato pancakes. Seriously, so good and incredibly filling. I love that you actually feel as though you are eating something less healthy when in reality it’s simply cauliflower. In my book that’s perfection.
My next venture is going to be making cauliflower tater tots. I will keep you posted.