I have seen this award on other blogs from time to time, but never thought I would be nominated. I am speechless, which doesn’t happen very often. 🙂
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers who inspire you. The word Liebster is a German word and means Beloved, Dearest, or Favorite. This is such a sweet and loving award I am honored to be nominated. Thank you Giselle over at My Healthy Happy Home, if I could have nominated you back I would have, I love reading your blog. 🙂
Here is how it works:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. Everyday we have a homemade hot breakfast. I know it sounds crazy, but even when I was little we had a fabulous breakfast each morning. My girls and I love breakfast, we could eat it morning, noon, and night.
2. I love being pregnant. I love everything about it. Yes, I was sick during the first trimester with both girls, but there is simply something so special about this wonderful miracle. Oh and I know some of you might think I am totally crazy, but I love giving birth. Yes, it is painful, but I love the entire experience. For some reason once the baby is born we forgot everything bad that happened during pregnancy and labor. 🙂 So maybe I am only remembering what I want to remember.
3. One more thing about pregnancy. I can’t imagine never being pregnant or giving birth again. How do you know when you are done having kids? I feel like I want babies all the time. 🙂 I love the newborn stage. AHHH! My mom says I will just know.
4. I love eating fruit and eating healthy. I love the feeling that I am taking care of myself and showing my girls the right way to eat.
5. I love working out. I love the intense burn and knowing I am doing something good for myself. I hate going more then a couple days with out breaking a sweat. The feeling of accomplishment once my workout is complete is so satisfying.
6. Motherhood can be so lonely. Yes, we are never alone but sometimes that can be worse. I love being a mom and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world, but there are some difficult moments. This blog has really helped me feel more connected. 🙂 Thank you!!
7. I believe that we should treat everyone kindly. You never know what might be going on in another persons life. They may be fighting a difficult battle. We need to be kind to everyone we meet.
8. I believe people can change. I believe we should give them a chance to make the right decisions and turn their life around. Everyone deserves a second chance.
9. I love organized chaos. I love happy noise, especially the girls giggling together, it melts my heart. Our house can get very loud, but it is all good.
10. I love eating breakfast for dinner. We probably do it about once a week.
11. Airplanes freak me out, but I still fly at least once a year. They never scared me until I had kids. Life became so much more meaningful after my girls were born.
Questions from Giselle Answered by Me
- If you were on a deserted island, what three items would you want with you? Wow this is a tough one. I decided I am going to take the silly route with this one. Since, I am always with my two little girls, I am going to take being on a deserted island as a vacation. 🙂 I would want sunblock, bathing suit, and water to drink. Hey a girl can dream!
- What’s your favorite dessert? This is a hard one too because I love sweets. I guess I would have to say chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes. Ok, how about anything with chocolate or peanut butter. 🙂
- What was you first car? Mustang Convertible. Oh, this was such a fun car at 16. Just writing Mustang brought fabulous memories back. My girlfriends and I had such a blast. 🙂
- What one animal are you most fearful of? Most animals scare me. I feel as though we never know what they are going to do. Anyway, I do love dogs. I got a sweet little white Maltese when I was 18, he is seriously the cutest thing. But, when Steve and I got married I thought it was best for my parents to keep him, they would have been devastated if I left and took him. Anyway, even though I love dogs I have to say I am so afraid of one of our neighbor’s dogs. They let their dog roam the neighborhood at night and let me tell you this is a huge scary dog. One of our first nights we were living at this home Steve was on the deck covering up the grill when I saw this huge animal coming at him I
toldyelled to him to hurry inside now. We laughed so hard after that. 🙂 Then one night I was walking home from bunco and this dog seriously chased me all the way home, luckily I got inside quickly. :/ So, I guess I am afraid of that particular dog. Just writing this story gets my heart pumping. 🙂
- What is your favorite holiday movie? My favorite holiday movie has to be Miracle on 34th Street. I have such fond memories watching this movie as a little girl and still get excited to watch it now. I can’t wait until my girls love to watch it with me.
- Would you rather go to a movie theater or watch a movie at home? I do like going to the movies but I think I would have to say staying home and watching a movie on the couch.
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Neither, I know weird huh? I seriously only drink water. Well, ok I have an occasional glass of wine. But, beside that I am a water drinker.
- Do you remember how old you were when you stopped believing in Santa? No, not really. I know that even when we stopped believing my sister, brother, and myself kept pretending. We may have stopped believing in Santa, but we will always believe in the spirit of Christmas.
- If you could do one workout everyday, what would it be and why? Intense circuit training. I love weight training and I guess you can say I like cardio, so I love being able to put weight training and cardio together. I just love to sweat and feel the burn. 🙂 And circuit training is never boring.
- Have you ever broken a bone or had stitches? I have actually done both and they both happened in the same summer. I broke my arm in beginning of the summer after 5th grade while rollerblading. Then, later that summer I was petting my aunts dog and it scratched me right above my lip and I had to get stitches.
- How many siblings do you have? I have an older brother and a younger sister.
My Questions for My Nominees
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- Do you prefer to workout at home or at the gym?
- What would your last meal be?
- What is your favorite Christmas/holiday tradition?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- If you won the mega millions lottery what would be your first purchase?
- How would your friends describe you in three words?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Do you own any pets? Why or why not?
- If you could be anything in the world what would it be?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
5. Lisa Lately
I love reading all these blogs for many different reasons. Thank you all for writing such wonderful posts. 🙂