When it comes to cold weather, soup is a must for me. I HATE being cold, but a nice hot bowl of tomato soup always does the trick. I love coming up with delicious, healthy, EASY recipes and this one doesn’t disappoint.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 – 28 ounce cans of basil and garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot and turn to medium/high heat.
- Dice 1 small yellow onion, add to pot, along with 2 cloves of garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Place contents of the pot into a high-speed blender. Then, add salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Process on high for 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency (if you have a vitamix you can simply use the soup setting).
- If you are going to serve it immediately transfer the contents of the blender back into the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes, until hot. Remove from heat and enjoy!
- If you are going to store it in the fridge for a week or so, simply pour the contents of the blender into storage containers and place in fridge.
- If you prefer creamier soup you can add a spoonful of greek yogurt (after heating, before enjoying) and mix together. I love it just the way it is, so I don’t add yogurt, but you can test it out.