Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderful day. We are having a good day over here at our house.
Well I am happy to say that I actually cooked a real dinner or two over the past few days. One of them being the healthier chicken parmesan (a favorite in our house).
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 large egg white
3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 oz. part-skim mozzarella, shredded (1/2 cup)
8 oz. spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat egg white. In another one, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken in egg white, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick, oven proof skillet (I use my cast iron skillet), heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden all over, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Spoon about 3 tbsp. marinara over each chick breast, spinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Place skillet under broiler until cheese lightly browns, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide cooked spaghetti evenly among four plates; top with extra sauce and serve with chicken.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving: 548 calories, 17 grams fat, 44 grams protein, 53 grams carbs.
Restaurant chicken parmesan has about 1,000 calories. This is so much better for us and taste delicious too.
I love making recipes healthier and I actually prefer this version over the restaurant one. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
I am so excited I finally added a new recipe. Hopefully, as the babies get older I will be doing this a lot more. Talk to you tomorrow.