Oh my, it’s Friday. Seriously, these weeks are going by way too fast. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and then it’s on to Christmas!! Ahhhhh, my favorite.
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
- Mama/Mom/Mommy (Since, we have 3 different ages in our house I get called all of these throughout the day. I must say every time I hear mom I feel old; my little girls are growing up. But, no matter what I love hearing it. Okay that’s a lie, some days I just want to change my name, but that’s a while different story. Ha!)
- Sister (Seriously, my little sis calls me this the majority of the time and I love it.)
- Mrs. Guy (When I was a teacher I was used to hearing this all the time, but I haven’t been called this is a long time. Now that I am helping in Sophia’s classroom once a week this name gets used a lot.)
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Mr. Pita (My very first job, beside a babysitter.)
- Merle Norman (Oh how I loved this job and I still miss it. I miss the people, the makeup, the conversations, it was amazing.)
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Frozen (I love this movie, but seriously I have seen it way TOO many times. Ha!)
- Home Alone (Love this movie during the holidays; I can’t wait for my girls to watch it with us.)
- Miracle on 34th Street (When we were younger we watched this every Thanksgiving while the grownups talked; such a great classic.)
- The Santa Clause (I thought I would stick with the Christmas theme; well besides Frozen (this movie is pretty much a given in our house).)
Four books I’d recommend:
- The Hunger Games
- The Divergent Trilogy
- Love the One Your With (Actually anything by Emily Giffin; I love all her books.)
- I can’t think of another one right now. For some reason I haven’t had much time to read lately. I am really not sure why. 🙂
Four places I’ve lived
- Richmond, Virginia (I was born here, but we moved when I was very young.)
- Ohio (We loved here for a few years, before moving to Michigan; my dad was in the army.)
- Rochester, Michigan (This is where I grew up.)
- Clarkston, MI (This is where we live now.)
Four places I’ve been:
- Florida (Disney World)
- Mexico (senior spring break and honeymoon)
- Niagara Falls, New York (We go here at least once a year (Thanksgiving) to visit my dad’s side of the family. We love visiting and wish we could see everyone more.)
- Las Vegas (This is where Steve proposed, spent our one year anniversary, spent a weekend away from our four little ones. Las Vegas has always been great times relaxing and forgetting about reality for a little bit.)
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- The beach, the pool, anywhere warm. It is getting cold here in Michigan and I am already missing summer.
- The mall. I really want a new pair of boots; I guess online shopping will have to do.
- Disney World. I know I am crazy, but I love taking our girls there. They love it and we love it. I love seeing them so carefree and happy.
- Somewhere with my hubby; just the two of us. Our weekend in August was amazing.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Broccoli. I really want to like it because it is so healthy for you, but I just can’t get past the texture.
- Mushrooms. Just can’t do it any way, shape or form.
- Mayonnaise. Never have, never will.
- Fish. Aside from tuna and some mild white fish. I am just not a fish fan. The smell alone kills me every time.
Four of my favorite foods:
This one is not easy for me. I have so many foods I love; from tasty treats to delicious healthy food. I can be very picky, but I also have a love for great tasting food.
- Peanut butter, almond butter, pretty much any nut butter
- Eggs. I love eggs any way, well except over cooked; must be runny.
- Waffles. My favorite are my Greek Yogurt Waffles. These are a must try!! Really any breakfast food is my favorite.
- Filet Mignon. Okay, I love a good steak. I like my chicken too, but a good steak is just delicious.
Four TV shows I watch:
- The Big Bang Theory. Seriously, the funniest show.
- Modern Family. Another funny one. I love to laugh at the end of the day.
- Parenthood. I can’t believe this is the last season.
- Days of Our Lives. I am a sucker for this soap opera. It’s my guilty pleasure. 🙂
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. I love this time of year. I love spending time with our families. I can’t wait to get to New York and see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. So. Much. Fun.
- Cutting down our Christmas tree. We are going next weekend. Uncle Fran and Aunt Sarah (my brother and his fiancé) will be in town; so exciting.
- Decorating for Christmas. I just love the way Christmas decorations make our house feel so warm and inviting. Love, love this time of year.
- The Santa brunch. We take our girls to my parents country club for a brunch with Santa. The food is delicious and Santa is so sweet. I wonder is Sophia is going to sit on his lap for the first time; she is our cautious one. The best part is we don’t have to wait in line to meet Santa and we get to let our girls warm up to the idea of talking to the man in the red suit.
Four things I’m always saying:
- I love you. I am always saying this to my girls. I want them to know I will always love them no matter what.
- No touch.
- Please sit on your bum. McKenzie and McKayla love to get up on the couch, but I am really working on teaching them to sit.
- Be happy.
Four people I tag to answer these questions:
In the Comments Below:
- Now it’s your turn. Answer as many questions as you would like. I would love to hear all about your favorites.