You can simply cook this chicken in a skillet or baked in the oven. Either way it’s delicious. My girls prefer it in the oven, Steve loves it in the skillet and I can go either way.
- 1 tablespoon + more for dipping olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Italian herb bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- chicken breasts or tenderloins (I cut up some into nugget size for the girls and I use tenderloins for Steve and I.) (If you are using chicken breast make sure to pound it thin, otherwise the breading will burn and the chicken won’t cook.)
- If using the oven preheat it to 400 degrees.
- Place 2 tsps. (you may need to add more as you go) of olive in one bowl and the remaining 3 ingredients in another.
- Once you are all ready heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet (I use a cast iron skillet) on medium heat.
- Dip chicken into oil, then in the bread crumb mixture once coated place on either parchment lined baking sheet or in prepared skillet.
- If baking, spray chicken with oil before placing in the oven for 10-15 minutes (flipping approximately halfway through).
- If cooking in skillet, cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side (more if you are using larger pieces). I always drizzle another 1/2 tablespoon oil over the chicken before flipping.
- Once the chicken is cooked through enjoy with your favorite side; rice, pasta, veggies and that’s it!!
I told you it was easy and trust me it’s delicious. I can’t wait for you to try it and once you do let me know what you think.