I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We really didn’t do much except for our normal Saturday morning swim lessons and church and Sunday school. It is really good we haven’t had much planned lately I truly am exhausted. This pregnancy is just wiping me out.
I finally have a new easy recipe for you. I haven’t been cooking much since I became pregnant. Food just doesn’t sound great. But, I am getting better.
As, most of you know I have been really into salads lately, so I have been coming up with ways to make them different. One thing I have started to do this weekend was make my own croutons in the microwave using whole wheat pita bread. Today on my salad I added some turkey and these croutons, so delicious.
Easy Pita Croutons or Chips in the Microwave
1. Pita (whole wheat, white, and type will work)
1. Separate the two halves of the pita.
2. Slice it up with bite size pieces or chip size pieces.
3. Put the pieces on a microwave safe plate and begin cooking in 20-30 second intervals until crispy. Take out of microwave and mix up the pieces between intervals. Feel free to add any seasoning you would like. I cook mine plain and I love them that way.
4. That’s it! They will harden even more as they cool.
I love to put the croutons on my salad and these chips are terrific dipped in hummus. The best part about both of these is there is no added salt or oil and they taste great.
In the comments below let me know if you have ever tried microwaving pita bread or anything else that you wouldn’t think would work well cooked that way.