20 Weeks – Oh my goodness, I can’t believe I am already 20 weeks pregnant and we will be meeting these babies in about 16 weeks. I can’t wait to hold our two girls!
Babies are the size of bananas. The babies weigh about 10.2 ounces and are about 6.5 inches long. They have working taste buds.
At week 20 there is a picture inside the womb of fraternal twins, at least it’s better then nothing. Our twins are identical so they have less separation between the two of them in the sacs. I will get ultrasound picture scanned ASAP I promise. They are always hugging and side by side; both their heads are down and next to each other. They are absolutely adorable. It is like they know they need each other.
How far along? 20 weeks
Weight Gain? At the doctors on Monday I was up 17 pounds. Which seems crazy to me, but they keep telling me it is perfect for a twin pregnancy. With Sophia and Isabella I only gained 20-25 pounds so I am totally out of my realm. But I am going to embrace it.
Workouts? I am still not supposed to exercise. So I have simply been doing some prenatal stretches.
Symptoms? I truly don’t know how women carrying multiples make it to 36 weeks. I already feel like I am going to burst.
Stretch Marks? None yet. Still doing all my lotions and oils. But I don’t know if I am going to keep them away for much longer. Steve keeps telling me to prepare myself for stretch marks. He doesn’t want me to be sad when they show up, but no matter what I will be sad. :(
Sleep? Right now I hate sleep. I am so uncomfortable and my sleep has been awful.
Movement? Baby B is kicking my in the ribs and I can feel Baby A (the smaller of the two) is lightly kicking me in the side. I can’t believe I am already getting kicked in the ribs. Oh my!
Milestones: For a typical 40 week pregnancy this would be the mid-point, but my doctor won’t let me go past 37 weeks. So, we will celebrate another week closer to healthy babies.
Genders? Two little girls.
What I miss: I miss exercising and not stressing about everything I am doing that might hurt the babies.
Food cravings? Not much these days.
Food aversions? Nothing really, but I have been getting a lot of acid reflex lately.
Labor signs? More and more contractions. Sometimes, I get a little worried but the doctors don’t seem to be concerned.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I am looking forward to this week? Celebrating Easter with our girls. I love any holiday that puts smiles on their faces. Sophia is so excited to go Easter egg hunting. When we were decorating for Easter, which we just did the week, she said, “I love holidays”. She is so sweet.
Random Thoughts from this Past Week:
- What are we going to name our twins. I truly don’t have any names that are really clicking yet. And I really want to start calling them by their names. I hate calling them Baby A and Baby B.
- I hope our twins continue to stay healthy. I can’t imagine getting bad news at an ultrasounds to come.
- Can I really make it through this pregnancy. I know I have to, but right now it seems impossible. I am already miserable.
- How big is my belly going to get? Can I actually stretch that much?
- Protein and water is on my mind all the time.
- What will it be like to raise four daughters? Is my husband going to miss out on not having a son? I know he loves his girls and is so excited for our twins to join our family, but someday will he wish he had a son?
In the comments below:
- I would love to hear any words of wisdom?
- Anyone have these feelings during the pregnancy?
- I am still searching for names. So I will always take recommendations. Thanks!