Babies are the size of heirloom tomatoes. They are about 8 1/2 ounces and 6 inches long. From our ultrasound last week we know our girls are a little different. Our little girl is about 6 ounces and our bigger girl is about 10 ounces. That is one of the reasons we are being watched extra carefully. They also have different amounts of amniotic fluid.
How far along? 19 weeks
Weight Gain? I didn’t weigh myself this week. So, I am not sure.
Workouts? With everything going on with the girls I have been told no exercising whatsoever. I am willing to do anything for healthy girls.
Symptoms? Very full stomach, feeling as though I am going to pop. 🙂
Stretch Marks? None yet. Still doing all my lotions and oils.
Sleep? I am having a difficult time falling asleep, but once I am asleep I do pretty well. However, in the middle of the night my stomach starts itching so bad I can’t sleep. But, I will not scratch it. I read somewhere when I was pregnant with Sophia that said scratching can cause stretch marks.
Movement? They have slowed down a little bit.
Genders? Two little girls.
What I miss: I miss not worrying about our babies and simply being excited for them to come. Now everything makes us very nervous.
Food cravings? Protein and salads.
Food aversions? Not too much these days.
Labor signs? More and more contractions.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I am looking forward to this week? Seeing our little girls on the ultrasound on Monday. I can’t wait to check up on them again. Hopefully, everything looks good.
Random Thoughts from this Past Week:
- It was so nice getting home to our sweet Sophia and Isabella. They give the best hugs and kisses. I missed them so much.
- Are our twins going to be okay? Are we going to get to hold two healthy little ones?
- What will the rest of this pregnancy be like?
- What can I do to help TTTS not progress? – From my reading not much, but some studies say that a high protein diet and more rest. I have been doing the protein diet, but I need to take it easier.
- I know every doctor and every study says there is nothing I did to cause this and there is nothing I can do to prevent what is going to happen. But right now I just feel like I could have done something different. I am not sure what, but something, anything. I just hate that our girls are not thriving inside of me and I feel terrible about it.
- What to name our girls? I want to start calling them by their names. They are already so special to us I think it is time to give them names. But I am really stuck, I have no idea what I want. I know I want to them to go together and I want them to go with Sophia and Isabella. I want them to be cute twin names, not cheesy. The hard thing is Steve and I are so bad at deciding names for our girls; Sophia and Isabella weren’t named until after they were born.
- And trust me there is a lot of other things going on in my head, but it is too hard to put on paper.
In the comments below please give me some suggestions for names for our twin girls. I could really use the help. Thanks!