17 Weeks Pregnant with Twins
Now that my baby bump is getting bigger it is getting harder to take my own picture. Steve is going have to step in and take the picture. 🙂
Babies are the size of onions. They are about 5.1 inches long and weigh about 5.9 ounces. Wow I can’t believe how big they are getting. They are getting stronger everyday.
Another week with a picture of just one baby in utero. I am sorry, but there really is no website out there that does week by week for twins. Imagine two of these little babies in my belly. 🙂
How far along? 17 weeks
Maternity Clothes? Maternity pants are defiantly starting to fit much better. Oh my! I can’t believe how quickly my belly is growing this time around.
Weight Gain? I did not weigh myself again this week. But Monday is the big day and I will find out how much I have gained so far.
Workouts? Pilates and yoga. Still doing my cat and cow for better positioning.
Symptoms? More braxton hicks contractions. Which I am going to talk to the doctor about on Monday.
Stretch Marks? None yet. I am still doing my lotion 2-3 times a day, drinking a lot of water and taking omega-3’s. I have read these all help with stretch marks.
Sleep? I have been exhausted and sleeping really well this week. Over the weekend when Steve was home I actually took a two hour nap on Saturday and Sunday. Before being pregnant I would never nap. I have also been very emotional. I am seriously cry at the drop of a hat. It’s awful.
Movement? They love to kick me and it is crazy when I feel it from all angles. I never remember feeling the girls this much. But it might be because this time around I really know what to look for or because there isn’t that much room in there.
Genders? Oh my goodness, I can’t wait. We find out on Monday! Two boys or two girls.
What I miss: Still the same as before. Intense exercise, but at least now I get to do some pilates and yoga. I am slowly wanting to eat normal again. I am finally feeling like cooking I even made a chicken.
Food cravings? Not much.
Food aversions? Not too much these days.
Labor signs? A few braxton hicks contractions. Let’s hope they don’t turn into anything serious too soon.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I am looking forward to this week? Finding out the gender of the babies.
Random Thoughts from this Past Week:
- The gender of the babies. I can’t stop thinking about whether or not they are girls or boys.
- Whether or not I am going to be put on bed rest at some point during this pregnancy.
- Please make it to full term; at least 36 weeks. I want healthy babies, that is all I want.
- How big will I get? I know silly, but I still wonder.
- Am I giving enough time to my girls? I have been so tired lately I feel like I am not giving them enough and that makes me sad.
- I am truly beginning to feel good about this being our last pregnancy. It was bitter sweet when we were talking about it before getting pregnant, but I am finally feeling ready to have our family complete. Don’t get me wrong I will always miss carrying a baby in my belly and giving birth to this precious miracle. Oh this make me want to cry.
Any guesses of whether we are going to have two girls or two boys? Leave your guess in the comments below and we will find out on Monday.